Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hey Happy Thanksgiving post day 2

I hope you my loyal reader had an amazing Thanksgiving. I was very blessed again this year to find myself surrounded by family and friends. I say that my Thanksgiving started 11/19 as Lance and I traveled to Florida to see Mom, Dad, Grandma M and Pap M for the short weekend. Then had a great drive back to Winston with our dear Peacock friends.

Then I was given a wonderful gift-a short school week!! I really am thankful for the little things.
Wednesday was "homeless thanksgiving" at the Steerman's again this year and it was delightful! The pre-stretch stomach exercises were just what I needed.

Thursday Terri and Cathy came over about one pm and the hustle and bustle of my kitchen began. For my complaints of a small kitchen there was more than enough room for the three of us. We chopped, sliced, carmalized, baked, and some other cooking terms that I don't even understand. The house was steaming in yummy flavors and smells. The prep work took about three hours or so and we still had some time to spare so we took the pups and had ourselves a nice stroll through the neighborhood. The air was crisp and the leaves still had the pleasant crackle under our feet, Tucker and Sunnie stopped to attempt to bathroom every foot and a half to the point I think one of them was exhausting powder but we all had a good time.

The bird made its last flight into the oven about four and then we waited, rotating in casseroles and basting. The boys and Jessica made it just in time to see the oven come out of the oven. Lance proudly sliced the bird as I set the table, and took a couple photos.
After dinner there was the traditional clean up, conversationing, and lying around with distended stomachs. All and all I would say that this was the most perfect first thanksgiving I ever hosted. Hope you enjoy our photos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanksgiving was perfect...I love the picture of Jessica and the turkey

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home